Explore the Bronchi-Shield® ORAL Challenge Study
Bronchi-Shield® ORAL is an avirulent Bordetella
bronchiseptica vaccine licensed to be administered orally.
The Study Structure
- Eight-week-old puppies received a single dose of Bronchi-Shield® ORAL in the buccal cavity.
- Puppies were challenged through aerosol transmission of a virulent strain of Bordetella bronchiseptica five weeks later.
- Puppies were observed for two weeks for clinical signs of infectious canine tracheobronchitis (ITB).
- All 15 non-vaccinated control dogs developed ITB and coughed for an average of six days.*
- Bronchi-Shield ORAL provided 93 percent efficacy. Only one of 14 vaccinates developed ITB, and this dog coughed for two days.
*The clinical case definition for ITB was defined as a dog that coughed for at least two days.
Control dogs coughed an average of six days, whereas one vaccinate coughed for two days.
Convenience, Safety and Efficacy1
- A new combination of convenience and efficacy is here.
- Bronchi-Shield® ORAL shows excellent protection against challenge by primary pathogen causing Canine Infectious Respiratory Disease (CIRD).
- Offers safety demonstrated in field trial2.
- Is covered by the Boehringer Ingelheim Vetmedica, Inc. Vaccine Assurance Program.
1Hess, et al., Evaluation of Efficacy of Oral Administration of Bordetella bronchiseptica Intranasal Vaccine When Used to Protect Puppies from Tracheobronchitis Due to B. bronchiseptica Infection, Intern J Appl Res Vet Med., Vol 9, No 3, 2011, pgs 300-305
2Data on file.